Award Winners - 2011
The New York Times
Lizette Alvarez for Life and Death, Stat!
Joanne Kenen for We Can't Save You.
John Commins and Cheryl Clark for series of articles:
- Emergency Physicians Raise Alarm on ED Financial Stress, Closures
- Hospital Leaders Give Strategies to Remove ED Bottlenecks
- Emergency Rooms and Docs Brace Themselves for Newly Insured
- Emergency Docs Say BlueCross BlueShield Is Wrong about Unnecessary ED Visits
- ACEP Calls for Halt to ED Boarding
- ACEP Critical of CDC Report on ED Use
- ED Visits Up 23% in 10 Years, and Longer Waits for Emergency Care Coming, Physicians Say
Carla Johnson for Heath Overall May Mean Longer ER Waits and Illinois’ Most Crowded ER Struggles to Improve